Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tubal FTW!!

OK. So I reported to the hospital's outpatient facility before 7 a.m. today. After some prep, drugs, a little surgery and some recovery time, we left for home a bit after noon.

I haven't experienced much pain aside from slight tenderness; the painkillers are working really well. It doesn't even hurt to laugh. I'd kinda thought it might. Glad it doesn't. One thing I certainly won't be doing for a few days: allowing my dear kitties to lie on my stomach.

They told me the doctor had a really easy time finding the tubes. I said that was because they wanted to be tied. One might have said they were fit to be tied. Har har.

No one gave me any static, AT ALL, about having a tubal and not having kids. OR about needing to lose weight.

I was fortunate enough to have a bunch of nice professional people caring for me. I'm actually fortunate in a lot of ways here.

In all, my experience today was quite positive. Now, to get this thing healing properly...

Free at last from the tyranny of fertility and the endless stress of birth control. That, my friends, is the shit!

1 comment:

Renee said...

So happy to hear it all went well! Congrats!!! :-)